If your dental benefit plan runs according to the calendar year, you should be thinking about maximizing your benefits while you still have time left. You can save yourself some money by timing your appointments right, and here’s why.
1. No roll over: Once your plan runs out for the year, your annual maximum restarts again in January. You can’t carry over any unused portions from one year to the next.
2. No deductible: By this time of year, you will have used up your deductible, so you don’t have to worry about it when you make your appointment. In January, however, it comes back again.
3. Don’t let it get worse: If you’ve been putting off dental care for a known problem or issue, use this as your excuse to make that appointment and get the work done so you can start the new year with a pain-free smile. Delaying treatment also typically means more expensive and more involved procedures – something you want to avoid if possible.
4. Prevention: In the dental field, we know for certain that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Services like x-rays, routine screenings, and teeth cleaning are also covered by your insurance, and can only improve your oral health.
5. Old rates: The rates for some services may increase with the new year as well, so any work you get done before December 31 is likely to cost less, for a more cost-effective use of your benefits.
The moral of the story is: if you know you need dental services that are covered under your plan, right now is the time to act.
An investment in your oral health is an investment in your general health, since the two are irrevocably linked. Using up your dental benefits isn’t about the money, it’s about making the most of the opportunity to improve your health and help prevent larger issues from developing later on.
Looking for advice on any aspect of your dental or oral health? You’ll find the answer at Dr. F. Keshavarz Dentistry in Brampton, ON.
If you’re looking for a well-regarded and highly skilled dentist in the Brampton area, make an appointment with Dr. F. Keshavarz Dentistry by calling (905)-791-3867. Visit our website to learn more about our dental services.